Today’s global Internet economy has made product liability litigation a growing area of personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
These complex cases allege defective design, manufacture or marketing against some of the largest industrial, transportation and advertising powerhouses in the world and require law firms with extensive experience and resources to litigate successfully. However, failure to rigorously identify and pursue all of the medical issues in such cases can leave plaintiff’s at a distinct disadvantage, or defense attorneys blindsided in the courtroom.
Lynn Andersen, RN, MSN, CLNC® is a professional nurse with nearly 30 years of dedicated nursing experience. She has been providing quality medical case reviews for over 15 years. Her experience as a trauma nurse, compliance officer and nurse educator provide her with the extensive knowledge and expertise that can be critical when it comes to positive outcomes in a wide variety of product liability cases, including:
- Medical Devices: Artificial joints, vaginal mesh, surgical mesh (hernia repair), stents, and an array of other medical devices are failing to live up to their promises in an increasing number of cases.
- Auto Parts: Defective airbags are one high-profile example of dangerous automotive components. But an increasing number of safe technologies, from blind-sport warnings to adaptive cruise control, are resulting in defective product litigation.
- Lawn Equipment: Lawn mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, snowblowers, woodchippers and other lawn and garden equipment continue to be responsible for an outsized number of serious and fatal injuries.
- Children's products: Are among the most likely to be recalled. From dangerous dropside cribs, to trampolines, toys, clothing, and other products, the resulting injuries to children can be particularly medically complex.
- Home Improvement Tools: The rise in popularity of DIY home improvements has resulted in an increasing number of products marketed to the average homeowner. When the products suffer from defect in design or manufacture, or when they fail to contain adequate warnings, serious or fatal injuries too often result.
- Medications: The number of dangerous medications has reached epidemic proportions in this country, thanks in part to an increasing reliance on billion dollar marketing budgets aimed at consumers. Whether off-label use, or inherently dangerous or ineffective products, these are complex cases. In some cases, side-effects or interaction with other medications can make an otherwise safe product dangerous when inappropriately prescribed.
Benefits of a Nurse Consultant
As a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC®), Lynn has undergone specific, rigorous training to align her nursing and medical expertise with the dynamics of medical legal cases. She is certified to provide expertise in all phases of your litigation including:
- Analyzing and summarizing complex electronic medical records.
- Determining deviations from standards of care.
- Determining compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Identifying the significance of information omitted from the medical record.
- Create chronologies, interrogatories and case summaries.
- Evaluating the extent of injuries and impact of pre-existing conditions.
- Attending and/or summarizing medical examinations.
- Summarizing authoritative literature and medical regulations.
- Providing expert opinions and case summaries
- Serving as an expert witness.
At Lynn Andersen Nurse Consulting, her decades of nursing and regulatory compliance expertise is translated into a cost-effective medical insider dedicated to all of your litigation needs – from case screening through to mediation or trial.
Call product liability expert witness, Lynn Andersen Nurse Consulting L.L.C. today at 719-237-4415 for your case consultation.